click to view
Badminton Scheme of Work
Year 7: This resource includes:
- Shuttle, Racket and footwork familiarisation
- Forehand & Backhand Serve
- Overhead Clear
- Forehand Drop Shot
- Underhand clear (lob)
- Basic Backhand Stroke
- Singles games.
Year 8: This resource includes:
- Low Forehand serve
- Serving / Returns
- Forehand Smash & Block
- Net Play (Basic)
- Forehand Drive
- Doubles games.
Year 9: This resource includes:
- Back Hand Short Serve
- Push Return
- Back Hand Drive (x2)
- Net Play
- Backhand Clear
- Doubles tournament/competition
Year 10: This resource includes:
- Flick Serve
- “Around the head shot” (x2)
- Backhand Smash (x2)
- Backhand Drop Shot
- Doubles Play
Year 11: This resource includes:
- Singles Play
- Peer Performance Observation and Coaching
- Singles/Doubles League
The resource includes:
- The students should be able to identify different areas and lines on the court.
- They should be able to use the forehand and backhand serves to begin a rally, and know the rules relating to serving, scoring points on serve, and the service areas.
- Students should be able to return the shuttle accurately using the overhead clear, drop, underhand clear and basic backhand stroke (as appropriate) and know the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Students should be able to link these shots to move their opponent around the court and outwitting them whilst knowing the difference between attacking and defensive shots.
- Students should know and understand the rules regarding contact of the net and the boundaries used in competitive singles play.
- Throughout the phases students are constantly asked how to outwit opponents; evaluate performances; analyse strengths and weaknesses; whilst developing, adapting and refining skills, strategies and tactics to produce high levels of performances and high quality techniques.
- Students should also understand the reasons for warming up at the start of the session and be able to name major muscles and demonstrate stretches that are appropriate to a badminton lesson.
Are you sure you want to do this?
If you do, click Continue.
If not, click Cancel.