click to view
HRE Lesson Plans (KS3)
Year 7: This resource includes:
- Warm-ups/ stretching/
- Basic Drills
- Circuit Training (x2)
Year 8: This resource includes:
- Developing Speed
- Step test
- Fartlek training(x2)
- Interval training
- Continuous training
- Multi Stage Test (Bleep Test)
- RE - TESTING
Year 9: This resource includes:
- Plyometrics (x2)
- Weight training
- Effects on Body
- RE TESTING
Included in this resource:
- To be able to plan and lead effective warm ups, stretching exercises and cool downs.
- Students should know the 4 ‘S’ factors, know how each can be improved through physical training, and be able to plan and participate in effective training programs aimed to improve each.
- Students should know how fitness can be tested and how we can measure anthropometrical components.
- By the end of the scheme students should understand the energy values of different foods and be able to gauge the amount of exercise required to “burn” a number of calories.
- Students should also understand the short-term and long-term effects of exercise on the body.
Are you sure you want to do this?
If you do, click Continue.
If not, click Cancel.