click to view
Softball Lesson Plans (KS3)
Year 7: This resource includes:
- Ball Familiarisation
- Throwing & Catching (3)
- Fielding and Base work
Year 8: This resource includes:
- Long Barrier
- One handed retrieval
Year 9: This resource includes:
- Base running
- Small sided Games
- Batting Games
Year 10 (Optional)
Included within this resource is:
- To be able to be able perform the basic Softball skills of receiving and catching the ball with and without the glove, Intercepting, Throwing, Hitting, Running between base, base work, tactics, team work and Bowling to incorporate these into small sided and full sided games of softball.
- To understand and know how to perform these skills and where these are used in softball.
- To understand and know the laws used in the game of Softball (strikes, balls, foul territory) and how players score runs and umpire.
- Throughout the phases students are constantly asked how to outwit opponents; evaluate performances; analyse strengths and weaknesses; whilst developing, adapting and refining skills, strategies and tactics to produce high levels of performances and high quality techniques.
- To also develop their knowledge and understanding of the different situations, tactics and strategies found in a game of softball .e.g.Bases loaded 2 out and moving body position in stance.
Are you sure you want to do this?
If you do, click Continue.
If not, click Cancel.