Basketball Scheme of Work (KS4)
This product includes phases in the following:
- Hook Shot
- Basic Offensive Skills [x2]
- Fast Break
- Defensive Strategies
- Offensive Strategies
- Peer Evaluation and Coaching
- Full Game
Combining these Basketball Schemes of Work alongside the Lesson Plans at KS4, helps to deliver, teach and develop a student:
- To be able to incorporate all the skills of passing, dribbling, outwitting an opponent, receiving, shooting, rebounding, marking, lay-up, blocking, and screening, into offensive and defensive play in a full-sided game of Basketball.
- To be able to officiate all types of Basketball games, understand the laws and the scoring systems of the game, and recognise the importance of the rules within it (when officiating or playing).
- To also be able to understand state and demonstrate what makes a good or poor performance and also show how to correct it and give feedback and instructions to themselves, partners or teammates.
- The students are constantly asked how to outwit opponents; evaluate performances; analyse strengths and weaknesses; whilst developing, adapting and refining skills, strategies and tactics to produce high levels of performance and high-quality techniques.
- They should clearly understand and know the benefits of short/long term effects of exercise on the body, how to warm up / cool down and how to get involved in other areas to develop their health and well being.
More from this Product Type
Bundles containing this product
Are you sure you want to do this?
If you do, click Continue.
If not, click Cancel.